Everyone loves looking good especially if they can look good without breaking the bank, Thrift stores are stores that sell already used clothings, shoes, bags and other items at cheap and affordable prices. I like to call thrift stores “the home of treasures”. Shopping in a thrift store can literally never go wrong except if you decide to let it go wrong.
Five tips to always keep in mind when going to a Thrift store.
If you ever want to go a thrift store, these are five tips that would always come in handy, with these ten tips, you’d definitely go home with amazing stuff from the thrift store.
1. Always go to the thrift store with a plan. Make a mental list of what you need and would like to get, go with pictures of fashion items you would like to get. Going to a thrift store without a plan is never ideal.
2. Dress for the occasion, Always dress right for the occasion. Wear your most comfortable outfit, thrifting requires patience, stamina and comfort. Wear clothes that would enable you change swiftly.
3. Know your fabrics and style. Never go to a thrift store without a specific taste or idea of what you’d like to get. To avoid confusion and impulse buying, know your taste and shop based on that.
4. Assess the competition and make friends with people who have similar taste as you in the store. When in the thrift store, it’s another avenue to make friends with people who could help your buying, sometimes knowing your competition and seeing people with the same taste as yours would ginger you to move swiftly and pick your desired items.
5. Check clothes carefully, don’t just jump at clothes because they suit your style. Check for loose threads, missing buttons, turn your clothes inside out and Make sure you assess every piece of clothing.
These five tips are great tips to help with shopping in thrift stores. There are definitely other tips that would help in shopping.
Take your time and search for gems in thrift stores. Slay hard on a low budget.
Say yes to thrifting.
In other related shopping news: How To Navigate Every Kind Of Resortwear Dress Code
What's Your Reaction?
VouxElan is a lifestyle magazine empowering our readers to find confidence, community and joy through Fashion, Beauty and Pop Culture.