While some of us may have invested a lot of time and energy into skincare, we may have noticed that it does not always give out the desired result. Instead of getting frustrated, we should understand that there could be various reasons behind it, and that by finding out what they are, you may be able to do something about it.
Here are 5 simple reasons why your skincare routine might have stopped yielding results.
* Hormonal problem:- Often, change of routine, environment and stress may cause temporary hormonal imbalances, which may be seen on the face. And there is little one can do externally to solve the problem. So, sometimes one just need to go easy on oneself and ones body. Allow it to re-adjust. Let the skin breathe and heal on its own.
* Same Skincare Routine:- When one follow a certain routine for a prolonged period of time, ones skin may get accustomed to it. This may cause it to break out from time to time. It is recommended that one finds out different routines that work for oneself and switch from one to another every few weeks.
* Inappropriate Use of Products:- Sometimes, ones skin may not behave in the way that one desires because one may not be applying the products religiously and in the correct way. Overdoing something or not not doing it adequately can affect the skin. Proper way of using different skincare products should be known by everyone.
* Using Expired Products:- Are you using good products on the face? Sometimes expired products may do nothing for you, or worsen the situation. It is advisable that you use natural, homemade products on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin.
* Giving the skin a break:- Give your skin some break from time to time. It needs it. While there are a few basic things you ought to do every day— morning and night — like cleaning, moisturizing, other things can be avoided. Instead of using different products on the face, give it some breathing time and then start using an entirely different product.
With time, you will learn to understand your skin, but if the problem persists, you can check with your doctor.
What's Your Reaction?
Lifestyle editor at VouxElan, A student doctor at Usman Dan fodio University Sokoto, Sokoto State. A poet and a promising writer.